The first series of Australian Lunar Coins was started in the year 1996 by the Perth Mint and ended in 2007. Each year in the Australian Lunar series is represented by a specific animal i.e. pig, dog, rooster, monkey, goat, horse, snake, dragon, rabbit, tiger, ox, and mouse The 1996 1/10 oz Australian Perth Mint Gold Lunar: Year of the Mouse has the lowest mintage of only 3,792 coins and is guaranteed by the Australian Government.
Why is the 1996 1/10 oz Australian Perth Mint Gold Lunar: Year of the Mouse popular among investors?
• Contains 0.5 oz of .9999 fine Gold
• Manufactured by the Perth Mint
• Backed and guaranteed by the Australian government for its weight and pure gold content
• The Obverse features the Raphael Maklouf effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the Reverse portrays a rat climbing on rocks along with the Chinese character for ‘Rat’, designed by Tony Dean
• IRA approved gold coinSpecifications
Country - Australia
Mint – Perth Mint
Purity - .9999
Weight- 1/10 Troy Ounce
IRA Eligible- Yes
Looking for one of the genuine bullion dealers to buy a gold coin online? We are one of the top-rated gold bullion dealers offering high-quality gold, silver and platinum coins. Order the high-quality 1996 1/10 oz Australian Perth Mint Gold Lunar: Year of the Mouse from us online today! You’ll find the current gold price on our website.