How Pacific Precious Metals Ships Bullion to You
Pacific Precious Metals ships bullion to customers in a variety of ways, each depending upon the quantity, type and value of the shipment. We use all major carriers. A signature of EVERY package, regardless of size, quantity or value WILL be required for delivery. All packages are packed under video.
Where to Ship Bullion to Pacific Precious Metals
For your convenience, Pacific Precious Metals accepts shipments at our Sausalito Location
302 Caledonia St. Ste 3
Sausalito, CA 94965
How to Pack and Ship Your Bullion to Pacific Precious Metals
When you sell gold or silver coins or bars to us, we can process your shipment and send payment within 1-5 business days. The following are our recommendations on how to pack and ship your bullion to Pacific Precious Metals.
It is our experience and belief that there are some very important and specific ways that you need to pack your coins/bars and ship them. We can expand on any of these issues if you are unsure by calling us on 877-471-7528. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to pack and ship your bullion properly.
1. Place items inside a suitable box and fill and voids with suitable packaging filler (such as newspaper, bubble wrap, styrofoam peanuts, etc). You can purchase boxes and packaging material at any UPS store, Fed Ex Kinkos, or many office supply stores (Staples, Office Depot, etc). You can get some boxes free of charge at the US Post Office.
2. It is very important that you DO NOT ship loose coins inside the box. Tape them together and/or put them into a tight fitting plastic container. The coins should not move around at all once packed. Failure to secure the coins may result in damage or loss of contents. If you are only shipping a few coins, then you may be able to use a padded envelope without any problem (just be sure that you can't feel the coins easily through the envelope).
3. Double box your items. Once you have packed your coins securely in the box you have chosen, place that box inside the carriers box. Fill that box with additional filler material so that the inside box does not move around.
4. Send your box to us. You MUST send it with signature required regardless of the carrier.
5. We highly recommend insuring your shipment with the carrier that you choose.
6. We highly suggest that you use our name on the mailing label as PPM, so as to lessen any knowledge that the carrier's employees might guess at the package's contents.
It is our belief that the safest way to send bullion is using registered mail with the US Postal service and insuring it. However, you are responsible and free to choose any carrier of your choice. Pacific Precious Metals LLC is not responsible for damage or loss due to improper packaging or loss of items. Until we sign for them as delivered, the coins/bars still belong to you.
How We Process and Send Payment
- It takes us 1-5 business days to process your shipment (depending upon quantity of bullion). Historically, we have done it in 1-3 days.
- Payments are made by company check. Bank wire is possible for a $35 fee.
- Checks are issued the next business day from the date we finish processing your shipment.
- Our pick-up at the Post Office is at 8:00 am Monday through Friday (Except Holidays). All shipments received by the U.S. Post Office after 8:00am will be picked-up and processed by us the following day.
- Your check will be mailed to you using the U.S. Post Office first class mail.